… Presents ‘June 12: Lest We Forget’ June @ 30 Fabric
.. Lekan Abiola, Ooni, Olubadan for Success of Yoruba Presidency
The organizers of the June 12 @ 30 have proposed a N2000 note as legal tender in the Nigeria.
This was disclosed during a press briefing and 5th in the series/special prayers for MKO Abiola’s family/June 12 victims held on Thursday June 22
attended by our correspondent in Lagos.
According to the organizers, the followings are donations received from well-meaning Yoruba leaders in the country.
LIST OF DONORS /ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP BY COALITION OF PRO – DEMOCRACY GROUPS FOR A BETTER NIGERIA
Below are the cheerful donations so far received, November to June, complete 7 months, towards the success of these historic outings or activities celebrating June 12 or Democracy Day @ 30 Anniversary across the Nation.
1. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, N250, 000
2. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu N1 million
3. Alhaji Asari Dukobo N700, 000
4. Mr Tayo Ayinde Chief of Staff, Lagos State, N500, 000
5. Engr Dotun Sanusi, Owner of Ilaji Hotel and Sports’ Resort Akanran Road, Ibadan, N500, 000
6. Gen Buba Marwa (Rtd), Executive Chairman, NDLEA, N250, 000; Remember that Agbarijo Egbe Odo Yoruba, Grand Council of Yoruba Youths, crowned NDLEA Ambassador in 200.
7. Prince Tajudeen Olusi, Chairman, Governor’s Advisory Council, GAC, Lagos State, N200, 000 (Pledge)
8. Engr (Mrs) Abimbola Akinajo, LAMATA MD, N200, 000;
9. Otunba Dele Ajomale, former Chairman, APC, Lagos State and notable member, Governor’s Advisory Council, GAC, Lagos State, N100, 000
10. Alhaji Fatai Ibukunle, former P.A to late Governor Lam Adeshina and now DG, National Lottery Commission, Abuja, N100, 000
11. Chief (Mrs) Rita Lori Ogbebor, Owner of Rita Lori Hotels, Abuja and Lagos State, N100, 000 (pledge)
12. H.E Abiodun Ogunleye, former Deputy Governor to H.E Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos State, N50, 000
13. Hon Wasiu Ayodeji Adeshina, Chairman, Ikorodu Local Government N50, 000
14. Engr Babatunde Fashola, LAMATA Staff, N50, 000
15. Comrade Kayode Opeifa, former Commissioner for Transport, Lagos State, and June 12 activist, Former NEC member and
Chairman, Committee For the Defence of Human Rights (CDHR), Lagos state, N50, 000
16. H R.M Eze Goodluck Obi in Imo State, N30, 000
17. Dr Charles Akinola, Chief of Staff to former Governor Gboyega Oyetola, N25, 000
18. Mr Akin Ekundayo, Author of “TINUBU: LAST MAN STANDING”, presented in 2003 inside Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja, N25, 000
19. H.E Iyiola Oladokun, former Deputy Governor, Oyo State, N50, 000
20. Mr Kunle Abimbola, former media Aide to Mr President, N20, 000
21. Mr Ayo Afolabi, Publicity Secretary, All Progressives’ Congress (APC), Southwest, N25, 000
22. Princess Sangodoyin, Treasurer, Bola Ige Movement/Ibadan based Gender Activist and key member, Yoruba Unity Forum (YUF) N10, 000
Total N4, 305, 000
Mass production with discount: 300 packs of Democracy Day @ 30 fabrics @ N4, 000 per 1 were produced and circulated free of charge to Heroes and Heroines of Democracy, donations above explained how few individuals were able to encourage us with their donations while very few, less than 10% of the total Beneficiaries, bought their own clothes.
After successful delivery to our outlets manned by our volunteer members in various States and FCT, we asked them to sell a pack @ N6, 000, keep N1, 000 as their gain and return N5, 000 to the Headquarters.
Total delivery of June 12 or Democracy Day @ 30/May 29 inauguration fabrics
300 pieces × N4, 000 = N1, 200,000 (Batik)
2 Guinea Brocades @ N14,000 = N28,000
2 new Batiks = N8,000
Total = N1, 200, 000 + N28, 000 + N8, 000= N1, 236, 000.
N4, 305, 000 – N1, 236, 000 = N3, 069, 000, is the total amount available to stage the 5 June 12 @ 30 World Press Conferences including glamorous presentation of Grand Commander of African Politics to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, through his NADECO friend, Otunba Jumoke Ogunleye, JMK, on Valentine’s Day in Abuja, plus foundational outing, 2022 Yoruba National Day Celebration, which was held Friday, 23 September, 2023, in Ibadan, it witnessed the mega endorsement of the 3 APC Gubernatorial Candidates of Lagos, Ogun and Oyo States and presentation of African Man of the Century Odu’a Award, to Mr President, ably represented by Ambassador Sola Iji. Chairman of occasion was Chief Iyiola Oladokun, former Deputy Governor of Oyo State. This success of this event made the Nigerian Youths’ Organisations and various Civil Societies’ Groups from various Regions to be collectively pushing for our National gathering in Abuja, that would involve all the Regions including FCT under Coalition of Pro – Democracy Groups for A Better Nigeria
The donations confirmed almost zero neutrality of Mr President against the background that many believe he is very rich and had spent so much Billions to make himself very popular ahead of Election. The truth is that he has made so many People across the Globe and respect is reciprocal
We sourced for these donations from our rich members, sympathetic political Leaders, Leaders of Thought and we backed it up with various contributions from several affiliate Organisations to make it a huge success. You are now free to guess how much in reality should have gone into such a huge Celebration of Democracy day @ 30, including staging Monday, May 27, 2023 intimidating Pro – Tinubu Rally, inside Unity Fountain Square, Abuja, condemning Opposition call for cancellation of Election, interim National Conference. We rounded up our activities there Monday, 29 May, 2023. This is a complete 2 months’ project.
Our various venues, Banquet Hall of APC Secretariat, Oyo State; Conference Hall of Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council (PCC), Abuja; Unity Fountain Square, Abuja, and Afri Hotel, Opposite Defence College, Central Area, FCT, Abuja, were made available by Hon Isaac Omodewu, APC Chairman, Oyo State, former Governor Simeon Lalong of Plateau State and DG, Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) (for venues 2 and 3) and Coalition for A Better Nigeria/Afri Hotels Suites and Restaurants Limited in the same order.
At this junction, we must appreciate our highly productive partnership with Lagos Airport Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos, since December 2004, when Bola Ige Centre for Justice was inaugurated inside their Oranmiyan Hall. Next year will complete 2 decades of our Union. Time flies!
💥 REMINDER LIST:
Here is our reminder list for those that are yet to revert after collection of Democracy Day @ 30 fabrics with formal appeal to help us continue the chain of free fabrics’ circulation so as to allow political evangelism reach other key Heroes and Heroines of Democracy in and outside Nigeria, whose Civil Societies’ efforts over past 3 Decades helped produced TINUBU Presidency Today.
1) Senator Kashim Shettima, Vice President
2) Senator Godswill Akpabio, Senate President
4) Senator Barau Jubrin, Deputy Senate President
4) Rt (Hon) Tajudeen Abbas, Hon Speaker, House of Representatives
5) Hon Benjamin Kalu, Deputy Speaker, House of Representatives
6) Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, immediate past Minister of Interior
7) Mrs Pauline Tallen, immediate past Minister of Women Affairs
8) Dr Rahamatu Tijjani Aliyu, immediate past Minister of State for Federal Capital
9) Otunba Niyi Adebayo, immediate past Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment
10) Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi
11) Senator Abdullahi Adamu, APC National Chairman
12) Governor Simon Lalong, DG, Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council
13) Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State
14) Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State
15) Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State
16) Governor Biodun Oyebanji of Ekiti State
17) former Governor Gboyega Oyetola
18) former Governor Nyesome Wike
19) Dr Obafemi Hamzat, Deputy Governor of Lagos State.
20) Engr Noimot Salako Oyedele, Deputy Governor of Ogun State
21) Barrister Bayo Lawal, Deputy Governor of Oyo State
22) Rt (Hon) Mudashiru Obasa, Houourable Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly
23) Rt (Hon) Olakunle Oluomo, Honourable Speaker, Ogun State House of Assembly.
24) Rt (Hon) Debo Ogundoyin, Honourable Speaker, Oyo State House of Assembly.
25) H.E Senator Ibukunle Amosun
26) H.E Senator (Otunba) Gbenga Daniel
27) former Governor Kayode Fayemi
28) Alhaji Mutiu Oladejo, a.k.a (Onimalu) Asiwaju Musulumi of Oyo State
29) Hon Seun Odofin, immediate past Chief of Staff to Rt (Hon) Femi Gbajabiamila
30) Chief Niyi Akintola, SAN
31) Senator Ganiyu Solomon
32) Hon Kolade David, National President, ALGON and Conference 57 of Local Government Chairmen in Lagos State
33) Hon (Pastor) Cornelius Ojelabi, APC Chairman, Lagos State
34) Cardinal James Odumbanku, a.k.a Baba Eto
35) Senator Bamidele Opeyemi
36) Senator Femi Adaramodu
37) Mr Adeolu Akande, Chairman, NCC
38) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole
39) Senator Rochas Okorocha
40) Rt (Hon) Femi Gbajabiamila
41) Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN
42) Alhaji Musliu Akinsanya, MC Olumo
Please, note that completely free Gifts are the ones channeled to former President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR; Mr President and his Wife, Senator Oluremi Tinubu; the immediate past Secretary to the Federal Government as Chairman, Presidential Transition Committee, Mr Boss Mustapha; Chief Reuben Fasoranti, Leader, Afenifere; Chief Bisi Akande; Prof Wole Soyinka; Aremo Segun Osoba; Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, former Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum; General Alani Akinrinade (Rtd), Leader, Yoruba Assembly; Dr Kunle Olajide, immediate past Secretary, Yoruba Council of Elders; Archbishop Ayo Ladigbolu, Yoruba Unity Forum; Prof (Mrs) Bolanle Awe; Hon. Sunny Ajose; Chief Akin Oke, key Youth Activists, notable June 12 Activists and Victims, other worthy Heroes and Heroines of Democracy. Few Aides of our Political Leaders, most especially those that have so far donated, being honoured, while Mr Vice President, our past and present Governors, Deputy Governors, Speakers are our key political Leaders expected to show geniune appreciation as part of the core Beneficiaries of Democracy Day @ 30
We do hope that this World Press Conference, 5th in the series, will serve as a Reminder to them all because their inaction is delaying free flow of political envagelism at their individual ends.
We so much understand the bureaucracy in place and we expected them to have worked around it in reaching out to us even before Saturday, 27 May, 2023 Tinubu Mandate Actualisation World Press Conference was held, but “man proposes, God disposes” as He gloriously sent few other Donors to complete the race of June 12 World Press Conference, 4th in the series, with us.
If Mr President could deem it fit to encourage us through his donation at the earliest stage of this noble idea, how much less our individual notable support Groups and key Personalities that are expected to play leading roles in celebrating 30 years of Democracy in Nigeria, after benefitting from free circulation of June 12 @ 30 fabrics. It’s still free fabric, because we didn’t deduct its Bill from any donation mentioned above. We thank our cheerful Givers, ever resilient members, supporters and followers across the Globe, all of whom have now made us proud Today.
JUNE 12: MKO Abiola lives on. Aluta Continua.🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
SUCCESS OF YORUBA PRESIDENCY: ODU’A AWARDS AWAIT OONI, OLUBADAN, AS YORUBA YOUTHS SET TO HONOUR TINUBU, FASORANTI, ON YORUBA NATIONAL DAY, SATURDAY, 23 SEPTEMBER, IN AKURE
Event is slated as follows:
AKORI/TOPIC: “TINUBU, OKE AGBA L’OGUN YI O NI ORUKO YORUBA, KO MO GBODO BAJE O!”, “TINUBU, YOU ARE NO 1 IN NIGERIA TODAY THROUGH YORUBA PRESIDENCY, TRY AND SERVE WELL”.
1) Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II
2) Prince Tajudeen Oluyole Olusi
Chairman, Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC)
3) Arch Ayo Ladigbolu
Chairman, Yoruba Unity Forum (YUF)
Host: Engineer Dotun Sanusi, Owner of Ilaji Hotel and Sports’ Resort
Royal Hosts: His Imperial Magesty Oba Mahud Olalekan Alli Okunmade II
Olubadan of Ibadan and Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Deji of Akure
Special Guest of Honour: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Guests of Honour: Southwest Governors
Chief Host: Chief Reuben Fasoranti, Leader, Afenifere
Chairman of occasion: Chief Bisi Akande
Iwure: Araba Ifayemi Elebuibon
Agba Awo Ti Ile Oduduwa
Father of the day: Dr Olu Agunloye
Mother of the day: Dr (Mrs) Florence Ajimobi
Venue: Chief Reuben Fasoranti House, Akure, Ondo State
Date: Saturday, 23rd September, 2023.
Our beautifully carved Odu’a Awards would be bestowed on Ooni and Olubadan same day in geniune appreciation of the role played by the Yoruba Traditional Council towards bringing President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, together with Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola inside late Alaafin of Oyo House, Ibadan, and in ensuring with this Group, historic convocation of the APC Presidential Aspirants’ meeting inside Mapo Hall, which later held inside Lagos State Government House, Marina, before the Presidential Primary,
Chief Reuben Fasoranti is now 97 year old and this will be the greatest honour to be bestowed on him by Yoruba Nation
MKO N2000 Note is today being re – echoed and re – proposed by us while presenting a book titled “JUNE 12: Lest We Forget”, a Sourvenir of the 25th Anniversary Celebration of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election by the League of Veteran Journalists and Oloye Lekan Alabi as well as June 12 @ 30 fabric with a Logo indicating freedom from Oppression or broken shackle of poverty.
We thank God Almighty for making us witness Today’s prayers for MKO Abiola family/June 12 Victims, 30 years after the criminal cancellation of the freest and fairest election in Nigeria.
Attendance: His Imperial Majesty Oba Mahud Olalekan Alli Okunmade II
Olubadan of Ibadanland, represented by Oloye Lekan Alabi, Moye Olubadan of Ibadanland, Cultural Ambassador, Ile Ife Museum and National Monument, Secretary General MKO Abiola Dynamic Group founded 1992 in Ibadan; Princess Olayinka Balogun, Daughter of Olubadan; Engr Joshua Olukayode Popoola, Oyo State NNPP Gubernatorial Candidate; Prof Ishaq Akintola of MURIC, representing Prince Tajudeen Olusi; Comrade Linus Okoroji, Chairman, June 12 Coalition in Lagos State; Barrister Abuka Onalo Omobaba, Leader, Middle Belt Congress; Comrade Amitolu Shittu, immediate past Commander of Amotekun Corps, Osun State; Alhaji Lekan Abiola, Son of MKO Abiola; Kazeem Abdul – Raheem Abiola, Junior Brother of MKO Abiola; Comrade Abiodun Mustapha (June 12 Victim); Comrade Akin Orisagbemi, Aide to late Alhaja Kudirat Abiola (June 12 Victim); Mr Donatus Awatokwu, Initiator of MKO Abiola N2000 Currency; Comrade Adekunle Janodu (a.k.a June 12); Oloye Victor Adegboyega Adeniji, representing Comrade Olawale Okunniyi; Mrs Salewa Lawal, Widow of Chief MKO Abiola personal Tailor; various members of the Civil Societies including Journalists, rounding up Democracy Day @ 30 Celebration inside MKO Abiola House, Ikeja, Lagos.
Apologies: Chief Ayo Adebanjo; Archbishop Ayo Ladigbolu; Araba Ifayemi Elebuibon; Otunba Gani Adams, Aare Ona Kakanfo; Barrister Femi Falana, (SAN); Comrade Segun Aka – Bashorun; Dr Cole Baba Omojola and Comrade (Mrs) Kehinde Ola Oni and her twin Sister; Dr Yunusa Tanko and Senator Shehu Sani
As a Convener that represents so many interests, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, Leader of Afenifere, asked me to stand in for him due to his old age and by God’s grace, we are moving down to his Akure home in September for Yoruba National Day Celebration
Comrade Awa Bamiji
National Coordinator Coalition (of Pro – Democracy Groups) for A Better Nigeria; Executive President, Bola Ige Centre for Justice (2004 till date); Secretary, Beko Ransome – Kuti Memorial Committee (2008 till date); foremost June 12 Activist (for decades); President – General, Grand Council of Yoruba Youths (2001 till date); and Political Strategist to the Leadership of Afenifere (2001 till date) 0803 – 506 – 9916
Breaking News, Planning, Research and Strategy stand us out among the pack. You can’t beat reach!