Member representing Ikeja 2 Constituency in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Adedamola Richard Kasunmu, popularly as ARK, has appointed aides that would work with him as the new Deputy Majority Leader of the House.
Kasunmu was appointed as DML during the inauguration of 10th Lagos Assembly which took place at the Assembly complex, Alausa, Ikeja on Tuesday June 6, 2023.
Announcing the appointment of the aides during the reception organized for him at his Constituency office in Ikeja, he said, ‘I had plan to announce this appointment since March, but after consultation with elders in the constituency, they told me to delay it till after inauguration of the 10th Assembly, he said.
The details of the appointments are as follows:
1. Kudirat Adebayo—Special Assistant on Religion and Traditional Matters Affairs)-Ikeja
2. Folasade Awolala—Special Assistant on Religion and Traditional Matters–OJODU
3. Oluwaseun Makinde—Special Assistant on Political Party Matters (1)- IKEJA
4. Yusuff Alabi( Illalahu)–Special Assistant on Political Matters (2)- IKEJA
5. Hon. Kehinde Akerele (Special Assistant on Political Matters (1)- OJODU
6. Babatunde Oguns— Special Assistant on Political Party Affairs (2)–OJODU
7. Sikiru Folami– Special Assistant on Security Matters–IKEJA
8. Babalola Savage — Special Assistant on Security Matters– OJODU
9. Kemi Yisa-Matthew–Special Assistant on Constituency Office Operations-IKEJA
10. —————– Special Assistant on Constituency Office Operations—OJODU
The name of the 10th Special Assistant will be announced later.
Members of the APC in Ikeja Constituency 2 trooped out in large numbers to celebrate his new role in the House.
In his remarks, Hon. Kasunmu thanked members of the Constituency for voting for him, and he specially appreciated the apex leaders of the constituency, most especially, Chief Funso Ologunde; the party’s LGA Chairperson in Ojodu, Hon. Mrs. Olusola Kokumo, and Alhaji Adekunle Dally-Adeokun, APC Chairman in Ikeja LGA who also doubles as Chair of Chair of Lagos State 57 APC Ward Chairmen Forum.
Kasunmu also expressed gratitude to Hon. James Faleke and other leaders for their support and prayed that God would grant them long and total fulfilment.
The inauguration saw Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, emerging the Speaker of the 10th House of Assembly for the 3rd term in a row.
Other Principal Officers elected are: Deputy Speaker- Hon. Mojisola Lasbat Miranda, Apapa I; Majority Leader, Hon. Noheem Babatunde Adams, Eti Osa I; Chief Whip, Hon. Fatai A. Mojeed, Ibeju Lekki I; Deputy Majority Leader, Hon. Adedamola Richard Kasunmu, Ikeja II, and, Deputy Chief Whip, Hon. (Engr.) Setonji David, Badagry II.